The most thought-provoking theory by Donald Rumsfeld



According to Donald Rumsfeld there are four situations which can explain our response or reflex to a situation, namely


1) Known-Known

2) Known-Unknown

3) Unknown-Known

4) Unknown-Known


(At first glance all of them seem nonsensical, but let me explain further :D)


Known-Known


You know the fact that you know. You are able to produce the same results over and over again.


Known-Unknown 


You know the fact that you don't know or don't understand. You jump from one field to a completely different field and your mind is just....BLANK...


Unknown-Known


You yourself are not aware of the fact that you know. Maybe this makes you surprise yourself now and then, but be careful to outsiders you might seem like a person connected to the supernatural... 


Unknown-Unknown


This is the most weirdest thing of all, you are not aware of the fact that you do not know! 

Example- (Uhh I can't think of any, can you ? ЁЯШРЁЯШР)


Next post, I will try my best and come up with one of my favorite psychological phenomenon- Deja Vu!


(I have witnessed Deja Vu phenomenon several times and one of the weirdest is, I get the feel that I have already known a recent friendly correspondent of mine for several years when I know about them only recently! Perhaps, who knows, I might have known them for a long time but I just didn't realize (Known-Unknown: I know but I don't know :D)


Comment on how nonsensical or interesting this article was and share your story if you have ever heard about Rumsfeld's Theory)




Comments

  1. I can't believe that something so nonsensical yet a little scientific can exist in this world! Thank you SM for bringing it into the limelight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew about this! Great work in shining light on an unheard topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one, made me think and I can relate to all four situations!
    Ravi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

India of my dreams

Thai Manne Vanakkam Program by Team TN

Tiger parenting-Proposition