What are some common words which are similar in TAMIL and MALAYALAM ?

 I am a lover of linguistic topics and this is one of my favorite! I am Thamizhan by birth but, with influence of Keralite friends I have learned a few words which are similar in TAMIL and MALAYALAM. Here is a small list, (though the list runs into more than 100s)


  1. Amma (அம்மா)- Amma (അമ്മ)(mother)
  2. Makan (மகன்)- Makan (മകൻ)(son)
  3. MakaL (மகள்)- MakaL (മകൾ)(daughter)
  4. MarumakaL (மருமகள்)- MarumakaL (മരുമകൾ)(daughter in law)
  5. Marumakan (மருமகன்)- Marumakan (മരുമകൻ)(son in law)
  6. Adhu (அது)- Ath(അത്) (that)
  7. Ith(ഇത്)- Idhu (இது) (this)
  8. Yaar (யார்)- Aar (ആര്) (who)
  9. Naan (நான்)- Njaan (ഞാൻ) (I)
  10. Nee/NeengaL (நீ/நீங்கள்)- Nee/ NeengaL (നീ/നീങ്ങല്‍) (you)
  11. Avan (அவன்)- Avan (അവൻ) (he)
  12. AvaL(அவள்)- AvaL (അവൾ) (she)
  13. NaangaL (நாங்கள்)- NjaangaL (ഞങ്ങൾ) (we)
  14. En(என்)- Enre (എന്റെ) (my)
  15. Avanoda(அவனோட)- Avande (അവന്റെ) (his)
  16. AvaLoda(அவளோட)- AvaLude (അവളുടെ) (her)
  17. Ennai (என்னை)- Enne (എന്നെ) (to me)
  18. Avanai (அவனை)- Avane (അവനെ) (to him)
  19. AvaLai (அவளை)- AvaLe (അവളെ) (to her)
  20. Enakku (எனக்கு)- Enikk (എനിക്ക്)- (for me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger parenting-Proposition

POLITICAL AWARENESS EXAM TO VOTE- OPPOSITION

India of my dreams